Generation and dissemination of information is nearly a $400 billion industry in 2010, as per the Outsell report. The term "Information providers" encompasses a wide variety of companies such as Financial Information Aggregators and Providers, not-for-profit associations and scholarly societies, online portals and the Scientific, Technical and Medical (STM) Publishing Industry. They operate in multiple segments of STM, legal tax and regulatory, B2B, market research, news providers, search and aggregation, education and training and information management.
T/DG has been in the forefront of serving this segment, with close to a decade of experience, for global customers straddling across the STM Publishing, Media and technology, and Corporate Legal Compliance verticals. T/DG has fulfilled the information and knowledge requirements of leading clients in this segment. In the areas that we are engaged in, we offer meaningful analysis with feedback, creativity in design, agile methodology-based software development and application of innovative technology solutions for sensible convergence of business processes and IT. This is reflected in our custom validated methodology for systems development. With a sound evaluation of the business processes, technology, task, and affected groups, we can help forge business productivity to realize meaningful returns on technology investment.
Apart from the domain expertise, T/DG has considerable experience and expertise in expert technology services for architecting and developing specialized content aggregation and delivery platform architecture, infrastructure design and deployment coupled with configurable web application development and support, database development, editorial services, developing the information architecture in the form of taxonomies and ontologies, research and analytical support, and portal management.
Some of the key projects executed by T/DG for this industry are:
- Content Monetization and Subscribed Information Delivery Portals
- Electronic Table of Contents (eToC's) and Online Journals and Content Delivery
- Enhanced search and navigation support through development of taxonomies and ontologies and content mining platform
- Third Party Database Aggregation, Normalization and XML Taxonomy services
- Abstraction and Indexing services for patent databases and non-patent literature
- Database development and management for B2B directories and product catalogues